With Independence Day on the horizon, NNY Living has put together a list of venues to view fireworks throughout the north country. Looking for a location not on the list? Send us an email and we’ll add the information as soon as we confirm it.
Saturday, June 30
- Sandy Creek — Fireworks: Dusk, Oswego County Fairgrounds, Ellisburg Street. Part of the Oswego County Fair.
Sunday, July 1
- Watertown — Festival and fireworks: Fireworks conclude the 96th annual Mount Carmel Feast at 10 p.m., St. Anthony’s Church, 850 Arsenal St.
Tuesday, July 3
- Clayton — Fireworks: Dusk, downtown along the waterfront.
- Massena — Independence Day Celebration and fireworks: Celebration begins at 4 p.m. at St. Lawrence Centre mall with children’s activities, demonstration and a concert at 6:30 p.m. Fireworks begin at 10:15 p.m.
- Tupper Lake — Fireworks: 9 p.m., Municipal Park.
- Watertown — Concert and fireworks: Concert begins at 5:15 p.m. with Fred and the Eds, followed by Symphony Syracuse. Fireworks concludes the concert at dusk. Rain date: July 5.
Wednesday, July 4
- Alexandria Bay — Fireworks over Boldt Castle: 9:45 p.m. best viewed from Scenic View Park.
- Lake Placid — Independence Day celebration, parade and fireworks: Parade begins at 5 p.m. on Main Street, ending at High Peaks Resort. Fireworks commence over Mirror Lake at 9:45 p.m.
- Long Lake — Fourth of July Festivities: Begin at 10 a.m. with 4 p.m. barbecue, 5 p.m. bed races, 6:30 p.m. performance from Jay Walken Band and 9:30 p.m. fireworks in downtown Long Lake.
- Norwood — Parade, festival and fireworks: Parade begins at 1 p.m. and ends at the firemen’s field on Morgan Street. Games, rides for children, demolition derby, lawn mower races and food will be available. Festival concludes with fireworks at dusk.
- Old Forge — Concert and fireworks: Floyd Community Band concert begins at 7:30 p.m. with fireworks following, Old Forge Lakefront. Free. Held rain or shine, only canceled for severe thunderstorm.
- Sackets Harbor — Fireworks: 9:30 p.m., Sackets Harbor Battlefield State Historic Site.
- Sandy Creek — Fireworks: Dusk, Oswego County Fairgrounds. Part of the Oswego County Fair, admission applies on fairgrounds.
- Saranac Lake — Fourth of July Celebration and fireworks: Celebration from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Riverside Park. Free concert from 7 p.m. until dusk featuring Roy Hurd and Frank Orsini, fireworks display to follow.
- St. Regis Falls — Fourth of July Celebration and fireworks: Parade begins at 11 a.m., down North Main Street. Chicken barbecue, children’s activities and live music from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m., fireworks at dusk.
Friday, July 6
- Akwesasne — Race and fireworks: Race begins, 7:45 p.m., Mohawk International Raceway. Fireworks follow race, free camping and parking. Admission: $22.
- Gouverneur — North Country Players Orchestra concert, fireworks: 7 p.m., St. Lawrence County Fairgrounds. Fireworks follow. Free.
Saturday, July 7
- Carthage — Fireworks and festival: Festival begins at 4 p.m. Turning Point Park. Fireworks at dusk over the Black River.
Saturday, July 14
- Cape Vincent — Fireworks: 9:30 p.m. on the breakwall along the waterfront. Part of the 44th annual French Festival.