Bring stories to life
1. There is a Season: 6 ten-minute plays, 7 p.m. today; 2 and 7 p.m. tomorrow, Savory Downtown, Best Western Carriage House Inn, 300 Washington St., Watertown. Cost: $20. Performances include adult themes and language. Plays planned are Bone China by K. Alexa Mavromatis, She’s Fabulous by Jack Neary, Double D by Jim Dalglish, The Same Thing by Lisa Soland, 9 Hours to Fallujah by Craig McNulty and Pillow by Frederick Stroppel. Music of The John Michael Band scheduled to follow performances. Info: Little Theatre of Watertown, 775-3212.
2. Snowtown USA film festival, 6 p.m. today; 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, Dulles State Office Building, 317 Washington St., Watertown. Festival plans to include reception tonight; film selections and film-related workshops tomorrow. Info/schedule: 788-4400.
3. “Some Other Me,” 8 p.m. today, Central New York Playhouse, ShoppingTown Mall, 3649 Erie Blvd. E., Syracuse. Cost: $12; advance, $10. Info: CNY Playhouse, 885-8960.
4. “In The Next Room,” 8 p.m. today and Saturday; 2 p.m. Sunday, Archbold Theatre, Syracuse Stage, 820 Genessee St., Syracuse. Opening night performance scheduled for tonight. Special events, discounts available for senior citizens, students and military personnel and veterans. Recommended for mature audiences. Info/tickets: Syracuse Stage, 443-3275.
5. “It’s a Jungle Out There“ skating performance, 1 p.m. Sunday, Massena Arena, 180 Harte Haven Plaza, St. Regis Blvd., Massena. Cost: $5; ages 62 and older, $3; students, $1. Massena’s figure skating club’s annual ice snow.
Get crafty and artsy
1. Craft sale, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. today, Claxton-Hepburn medical center, 214 King St., Ogdensburg. The CHMC Auxiliary Crafters plan to host the craft sale in the hospital lobby. The theme of this sale is Valentine’s Day and St. Patrick’s Day. All proceeds to go to the Hospital Auxiliary. Info: auxiliary, 393-1559 or email@example.com.
2. Iggy Beerbower: “The Road to Green Sands,” 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. today, SLC Arts Gallery, Potsdam Town Hall, 18 Elm St, Potsdam. Ink print photographs, displayed St. Lawrence County Arts Council. Info: council, 265-6860.
3. Museum public hours, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. today and Saturday, Potsdam Public Museum, 2 Park St., Potsdam. Current exhibition is Portraits of Potsdam People, displays of oil paintings of local citizens. Information: museum, 265-6910.
4. Puppet Theatre, 12:30 to 2 p.m. Saturday, Clarkson Bookstore, Clarkson University, 39 Market Street, Canton. Cost: $10. Dr. Jay Pecora, from SUNY Potsdam’s theatre department, plans to lead participants in puppet theatre, as part of KidState Theatre. Children will have the chance to create theatre and make hand puppets. Info: SUNY Potsdam, 267-2167.
5. “North of the Blue Line” exhibit, noon to 5 p.m. today and Saturday, Richard F. Brush Art Gallery, St. Lawrence University, 23 Romoda Drive, Canton. Free. Exhibition includes drawings, prints, paintings, photographs, sculptures, ceramics, videos and multi-media installations by artists from north country colleges and universities. It’s planned to run through Saturday, Feb. 21. Info: gallery, 229-5174.
Move your body
1. Partner yoga, 6 to 7 p.m. today, Yoga Loft, 30 Court St., Canton. Planned to run Fridays through March 27. Info/register: loft, firstname.lastname@example.org, 605-8637.
2. No Tap Bowling Tournament, 6 p.m. today, Ogdensburg Bowl, 1121 Patterson St., Ogdensburg. Cost: $20 per person. Registration scheduled for 6 p.m.; games for 6:15 p.m. Five person teams. Event to benefit Frederick Remington Art Museum. Info: museum, 393-2425.
3. Beaver Camp ice fishing derby, 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Beaver Camp, 8884 Buck Point Road, Lowville. Cost: $7; ages 17 and younger, $5. Event to include prizes, food and fishing. Info: Beaver Camp, 376-2640.
4. East Coast Snocross, 9 a.m. Saturday and Sunday, Snow Ridge Ski Resort, 4173 West Road, Turin. Cost: $15, day; weekend pass, $25; ages 7 and younger, free. Sign up for trail class up to 800 cc. Three 120 cc mini classes. Sled rentals available. Info: ECS, 844-327-7669.
5. Guided snowshoeing trip, 10 a.m. Saturday, Great Lot Sportsman’s Club, 8411 Jackson Hill Road, Boonville. Follow guide or take map and explore on your own. Hot lunch, refreshments planned to follow at clubhouse. Limited snowshoes available. Info: club, 378-7592.
Love your ears
1. Michael Welch and Brown, 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. today, Between the Buns Sports Bar, 6 Elm St. Potsdam. Info: bar, 265-8888.
3. Bill Smith and Don Woodcock, 2 p.m. Saturday, TAUNY Center, 53 Main St., Canton. Cost: $10 to $15 donation. Music and storytelling planned. Info: TAUNY, 386-4289.
4. Atkinson Family Bluegrass Band, 7 p.m. Saturday, Pickens Hall, 83 State St., Heuvelton. Cost: $10. Event sponsored by Heuvelton Historical Association. Info: Pickens General Store, 344-7950 or email@example.com.
1. Anniversary extravaganza, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Seveys Point, 8954 Route 3, Childwold. Cost of dinner: $10; Wounded Warriors and Fort Drum Recreation Group, free. Event celebrating St. Lawrence County Snowmobile Association‘s 40th anniversary to include food, music, free horse drawn sleigh rides, bonfire, booths, giveaways, sled demos and more. Chicken barbecue dinner scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Info: Deb Christy, 386-8525.
2. Remembering Mercy, 5:15 p.m. Saturday, St. Patrick’s Church, 123 S. Massey St., Watertown. Event hosted by Friends of Mercy Hospital to include slide show, remarks by Rev. Leon “Toby” Schilling, Sr. Janet Peters and candlelight walk to Mercy site. Light refreshments at the church planned. Info: church, 782-6086.
3. 2015 Northern New York Maple Expo, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Gouverneur Central School, 133 E. Barney St., Gouverneur. Cost: $16 per person, includes lunch and classes. Held by Cornell Cooperative Extension. Info: Cooperative Extension, 379-9192.
4. Heartbeat Ball, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Saturday, Hilton Garden Inn, 1290 Arsenal St., Watertown. Cost: $50 per couple; additional person, $15. Event planned to include photos, appetizers, coffee and water and other beverages for purchase. Formal/semi-formal attire required. To benefits Heartbeats for Madden.
5. Snow deer festival, noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, Watertown Eagles Club, 19260 Route 11, Watertown. Cost: donation of $4. Sponsored by New York State Old Tyme Fiddlers’ Association. Event planned to include dances, food, music by Black River Valley Fiddlers, beverages, 5o/50 and raffles. Info: fiddlers’ association, 599-7009.
Not enough for you? Check out the Watertown Daily Times events calendar for the extensive list.