In the April/May 2013 issue of NNY Living:
- Focus on health: Now that spring has sprung, it’s time to do some spring cleaning, and more than just dusting the blinds. Experts say that clean eating, and living a “whole” lifestyle are ways to get healthy and stay that way.
- No regrets: A lifelong swimmer and YMCA lifeguard, Melissa Shelmidine was born with an abnormality in her left foot that left doing every day tasks painful and difficult. The mother of two decided that, at 24, it was time to have it amputated.
- 36 Hours in the Flower City. In a city built on culture and innovation, a weekend in Rochester is a welcomed getaway.
- This is NNY: Fandamonium.
- Homes: A St. Lawrence riverside home was built on the location of a longtime family cottage that had reached a level of disrepair. Today, the cottage features all the amenities to be called home.
- Food: Boo Wells of the Farmhouse Kitchen tells the story of how a recipe for delicious flan came out of a hectic day trying to be a mom who does it all.
- Wine: Kris Allen, owner of Allen’s Liquors and Wines, goes local with her choices for this month’s wine column.
- Modern Folklore, The NNY Life, Wellness, Ask a Doctor and more.
Copies of NNY Living and NNY Business magazines may be purchased at the Samaritan Medical Center gift store, Big M locations in Watertown, Sandy Creek and Adams or at the Lowville Journal , Carthage Republican Tribune or Watertown Daily Times offices. For information about subscriptions, please click here.
Check out our WWTI-ABC50 commercial here: